Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    mChat

Board index » All About Cockers! » Hair, Hair & more Hair!

Post subject: Panagenics
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:23 pm 

State/Province: MA
Has anyone tried the Panagenics products? I just ordered the shampoo, conditioner, and hydrating spray. Can't wait to try them out!

Post subject: Re: Panagenics
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:52 pm 

State/Province: Nevada
Yes I have. I can't say I'm overly impressed. I've only washed Snow White, Pirate and Toph in it once so far though.
Though I sent some to Karen and she really liked it for TyLee. I think it's full of silicone at least the hydrating spray because my hands feel coated with something and are very slippery after I apply it.

ETA when I say not overly impressed it's not like I didn't like it, but for the price it doesn't seem to be doing anything spectacular for me.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:11 pm 

State/Province: Oregon
TyLee's only been bathed with it 3 times so far, but so far I really, really like it for her! TyLee mats very easily in her armpits (I know so do most cockers), and I think this has decreased significantly. I also like the hydrating spray - she looks good for several days, instead of just 1.

T is also my total tomboy, it's amazing how much dirtier she gets than the boys. I feel she has stayed way cleaner in the few weeks I've been using it.

Oh, and my hands are very soft after bathing her. I haven't noticed the slickness that Julie did, I was wondering if there was lanolin in it. Wonder why they don't list the ingredients?

Mor Solar Power, BN, RA, CGC
SoSly's Kyoshi Warrior
CH SoSly's Ronin Warrior

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:58 pm 

State/Province: California
I have a sample of the shampoo and conditioner, but haven't used them yet.
If I get ambitious I'll use Leila as my guinea pig and try the samples this weekend.

Louie, Blue Roan, born 2/15/2002
Cooper, B&W Parti, born 12/07/2007
Leila, Black, born 3/21/2008
Bridgette, Buff, born 1/12/2009
Echo, black, born 08/10/12

At the Bridge: Little Sister, Savana, Tivy, Arrow and all of the others - I miss you all!

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:53 am 

State/Province: MA
I've only tried the shampoo and conditioner once so far and used the hydrating spray both days at the show this past weekend. I haven't really noticed any difference yet between it and the #1 All Systems that I was using previously. Like Tylee, Caera mats quite easily in her armpits, so hopefully this will help the situation.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:05 pm 

I thought I would add my 2 cents. I washed Alice in with Panagenics this evening. I personally am not sold on the product. I don't like that you end up using a lot more shampoo and conditioner and it does not have a nice smell to it. Yes her coat was easy to dry but it is with Coat Handler also. I guess the jury is still out but I don't feel at this point the shampoo/conditioner are worth the price. I think what I might do is wash the girls in it once a month to mix things up a bit but I don't think I will reorder the product.

Alice ~ Silverhall Silk Stockings
GCH Broken Ridge's Wild At Heart X CH Juniper's J-Lo

Jane ~ Silverhall Heaven Scent
CH Somerset's Ridin' High X Dalin's Dust Bunny

Olive ~ Silverhall Heavenly Seduction 06/25/09 - 03/25/11
CH Coldry's Sweet Seduction X CH Silverhall Seventh Heaven

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:56 pm 

State/Province: Oregon
Melissa W wrote:
I don't like that you end up using a lot more shampoo and conditioner and it does not have a nice smell to it.

Just curious how you used it? I wash TyLee with 2 nickel size blobs of the shampoo (the video says dime size, but my blobs are a little bigger) on a body sponge. I find that a very little goes a long way.

What I really like for T is the hydrating spray - I didn't use it this last week, so I could evaluate again - and she's a mess. I find the system with the hydrating spray keeps my little pigpen much cleaner.

It is expensive, but for T it's worth it - I haven't used it on the boys and not sure if I will or not.

Mor Solar Power, BN, RA, CGC
SoSly's Kyoshi Warrior
CH SoSly's Ronin Warrior

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:12 pm 
Tech Support

Ok, i tried the shampoo tonight and didn't like it. I didn't like having to use a sponge to apply it, and Sophie wasn't clean after rinsing it (and using 4 times the amount they did in the video)

I used the Panagenics and then used Coat Handler, and dirt was still coming off of Sophie when i rinsed the CH off of her.

I didn't bother trying to use the conditioner since i couldn't find out how to use it (ie: do i apply it straight? mix it with water? if so, how much water? leave it in? rinse it out?)

So one of the biggest things that bugs me about this product line, is there are no instructions on how to use it on the bottle. I had to go online and sit through a video to learn how to use it. Every shampoo and conditioner i have ever used had some sort of instruction on the bottle (dilution ratio, "for best results" etc.) on top of that, i couldn't find anything on the products website about how to use their conditioner.

I found something (after bathing Soph) on another website on how to use it, and they suggest BEFORE shampooing???? (this kind of supports my theory that the shampoo doesn't really wash out the junk that's in the coat, if the conditioner could hold up through shampooing)

Not sure if i missed something on how to use this, but honestly, it's not worth it to me, i was pretty much done with it when i found out i needed to use a bathing sponge to apply it :T8:

All in all, it's a thumbs down for us here. I'll be sticking with the Coat Handler.

Board index » All About Cockers! » Hair, Hair & more Hair!